Win7 catalyst laptop drivers not working

Uncle Humjaba

Limp Gawd
Hey all

So Im trying to install drivers for my laptop and so far have had no luck. I have a Gateway laptop that shipped with 32-bit windows vista, and since then I have installed 64-bit Windows 7 pro. It has a radeon hd2300 graphics card. I'm not sure why, but the catalyst installer flies through installation and says "completed successfully", but nothing is in the C:/Program Files/ATI Technologies folder and the driver version stays the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Tyler

And you downloaded and installed the 64 bit versions? If not, have you checked Program Files (x86)?

Yes, and there's no ATI folder in x86.

When I press the "uninstall" button on the catalyst installer, it says no features installed.

ive got the same problem with 32 bit windows 7. Dual booted on a core duo MBP, cant run anything outside of native resolution (1600x1050). Cant install catalyst drivers to fix the freaking problem.

ive got the same problem with 32 bit windows 7. Dual booted on a core duo MBP, cant run anything outside of native resolution (1600x1050). Cant install catalyst drivers to fix the freaking problem.

MBP = mac book pro?

If so, it could be using a different pnp ID and you may have to force the drivers to recognize it if Boot camp does not yet suppor thte device.

Anyone else? Id like to be able to game a bit until my desktop gets here but framerates are terrible... I could get at least ~40fps on TF2 when on vista with catalyst drivers but now (on win7 64-bit) i rarely see above 30, frequently in the low teens when stuff starts happening. Which, as I'm sure you can imagine, blows.

Last edited:
Anyone else? Id like to be able to game a bit until my desktop gets here but framerates are terrible... I could get at least ~40fps on TF2 when on vista with catalyst drivers but now (on win7 64-bit) i rarely see above 30, frequently in the low teens when stuff starts happening. Which, as I'm sure you can imagine, blows.

Hi, Humjaba,

It may not help, but ATI officially released the 9.12 Catalyst drivers yesterday.

Hope this helps.

Chuklr

Back