Win7 - any IM apps that use superbar? trillian?

SYN ACK

[H]ard|Gawd
im on an older version of trillian, but does the newer version (or any other IM program) take advantage of the win7 superbar?

i'd love to be able to hide my contact list and just right click on the icon in the superbar and up pops my contacts.

does anything like this exist as of yet?

Taskbar you mean?

Trillian can. A quick visit to the Trillian website would have told you that.

Snowknight26,

no - im talking about the superbar in Win7 .. NOT the taskbar (by the clock).

basically as of right now on my version of trillian, i have the taskbar icon (that i can right click to change settings, etc), and there is also the icon in the superbar (which is also the shortcut to opening the app).

when the app is open, and when i get an incoming message(s), they show up on the win7 superbar like they'er supposed to.

what i'd like to do is get rid of the "app" entirely (or have it minimized), and be able to right click on the icon in the superbar and have my contact list right there.....

essentially, build the app into the super bar

The taskbar is the whole object the has the start button. The system tray is the object that has application icons next to the clock.

The taskbar is the whole object the has the start button. The system tray is the object that has application icons next to the clock.

"Superbar" is the name given to the new taskbar interface stuff. Technically, it's the "enhanced taskbar", but superbar sounds cooler.

im on an older version of trillian, but does the newer version (or any other IM program) take advantage of the win7 superbar?

i'd love to be able to hide my contact list and just right click on the icon in the superbar and up pops my contacts.

does anything like this exist as of yet?

Pidgin FTW!

i was asking for pics that pidgin loads the contact list when you right click the icon in the win7 superbar.

pidgin does this??

I think he means
w7bar.png

ie: jumplists

yeah - that's precisely what im referring to.

no sense having the contact list eating up real estate on my desktop if i could have it all in the superbar/jump-list

yeah - that's precisely what im referring to.

no sense having the contact list eating up real estate on my desktop if i could have it all in the superbar/jump-list

Oh.

Pidgin doesn't do that. Digsby doesn't either to my knowledge. Don't know any chat program that does what you want. At least not yet. Good idea though. Could check the Trillian Astra beta maybe?

i was asking for pics that pidgin loads the contact list when you right click the icon in the win7 superbar.

pidgin does this??

No it does not, i use pidgin and right clicking any app in the "super bar" only bring up to pin it / or unpin it, launch it or for other apps like word shows documents you have opened.

The alpha version of Digsby has support for that, its very nice, I am very happy I switched to Digsby.

msn_live_jumplist.png

aim_7_jumplist.png

MSN Live Messenger and AIM 7 both have Jumplists. For MSN Live Messenger, if you don't want to see its icon in the Taskbar and want it minimized to tray instead, you have to set the main EXE file to run under Compatibility Mode > Vista.

I have both Live and AIM pinned to Taskbar so I don't really care. :)

I prefer Pidgin above all, but I seriously doubt it will ever get any meaningful jumplist support as it is just a ported Linux app.

The alpha version of Digsby has support for that, its very nice, I am very happy I switched to Digsby.

So are Digsby's data miners ;)

msn_live_jumplist.png

aim_7_jumplist.png

MSN Live Messenger and AIM 7 both have Jumplists. For MSN Live Messenger, if you don't want to see its icon in the Taskbar and want it minimized to tray instead, you have to set the main EXE file to run under Compatibility Mode > Vista.

I have both Live and AIM pinned to Taskbar so I don't really care. :)

right - but i was hoping to see the contact list in the jump list :/

What you're suggesting would be directly opposed to the point of Jumplists (to provide a set of constant actions, regardless of whether the app's running or not). It would be possible to show things for "IM <this person" or have a list of frequently IMed people, but to see who's online and whatnot would be wrong for what the Jumplist provides and likely nearly impossible with the provided Jumplist APIs.

Back