Win 7 shows test page prints out fine, but Excel 2003 can't print, why?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I have this 1 page spreadsheet that Excel 2003 won't print it out. The roller on the printer rotates, but it's not asking for the paper on the manual tray. So the roller makes some noise, that's it.

Then I do a Test Page to make sure the interface is fine, Win 7 said "if you see this page.....successfully."

Then I use a cheap ACDsee software, and print out the screen capture of that Excel page, it also work.

Go back to Excel 2003, it just won't print. Go to Word 2003, same thing, no print out.

Clearly the hardware interface is fine, I have never see a case where Win 7 can print out fine, and yet Excel can't print out a simple 1 page docuement. What could possibly cause this?

Is it just the one Excel spreadsheet or all of them?

Is it just the one Excel spreadsheet or all of them?

I've had this problem with an older Laser that didn't have much memory. I had to hit the "ok", "go" or whatever the button was on the printer and it would finally print. Otherwise it would just sit there.

Let me be more clear. Can you print other Excel spreadsheets?

you sure that there is only one print driver being used for the printer and that excel is printing to that print driver?

only trying to print 1 spreadsheet that day. But on that day, because it's a USB printer, set to USB002, I didn't know which USB port it was connected to.

So I did have to plug it to a few USB port before I discover the correct 1 as USB002. In the process of doing so, it creates a duplicate copy of the driver. (I've seen this before) So I deleted that duplicate driver.

However, I just notice (just now), under the printer driver: Lexmark Optra S 1650 (MS)

selecting "Set Default Printer" or other options like "See what's printing"

it shows:

Lexmark Optra S 1650 (MS)

Lexmark Optra S 1650 (MS) (copy 1)

so I'm guessing Excel is somehow printing to that COPY 1 driver in which I select the other 1 as default printer.

If so, the icon of Lexmark Optra S 1650 (MS) (copy 1) no longer shows
eventhough it shows under "Set Default Printer"

how do you permanently kill Lexmark Optra S 1650 (MS) (copy 1)?

try unplugging the printer, deleting both drivers, plugging it back in and see what happens

When you go to print using Excel, it should ask you the printer you want to print to. Is there more than one choice?

sure, my default is my PCL driver of lexmark (as shown above) I can pick my default as the above but w/ Postscript driver, but I never print on PS before, don't know if there will be any problem

I also have USB001 connects to a All in 1 Lexmark, but I never use it as the ink has dry up years ago

Back