Will YOU buy Fear 2 Project Origin?

Will YOU buy Fear 2 Project Origin?

• Yes - I loved the first one and this one is killa!

Votes: 117 64.6%
  • No - Fear never gave my magic stick lift off, so a big phat no!

Votes: 52 28.7%
  • I have never played a FPS and I suck my moms teet at 28

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
I'll drop into BestBuy next week and grab one of the 20 or so copies they will have on hand;)

Yes, but I'll wait a few months and buy it on eBay when the price is a lot cheaper. I got Dead Space, Left4Dead, the Witcher, Mass Effect, many others on eBay and paid $15 - $25 for them brand new, still shrink-wrapped, full versions. That's the way to buy games in a tough economy. :D

Yes, but I'll wait a few months and buy it on eBay when the price is a lot cheaper. I got Dead Space, Left4Dead, the Witcher, Mass Effect, many others on eBay and paid $15 - $25 for them brand new, still shrink-wrapped, full versions. That's the way to buy games in a tough economy. :D

Meh, im impatient, I want my shit NOW.

Eventually when it goes budget. I too have a massive backlog of games still in shrinkwrap! And have only just started playing crysis!! Games include:

quake wars
c&c3
GRAW2
COH: OF
Supreme Commander
STALKER
WIC

And that does not even include all the games I have accumulated on my xbox360 and PS3!!

It sucks having to work full time, back in my university days I used to finish games within a week of release so I would literally be waiting around for new games to play. Now adays I am grateful when there is a lull so I can at least try to get through the games sitting idle on my shelves.

How bout eventually YES, but not at the moment its released :p

I'm hoping to see some of its issue being fixed, especially the black bar in widescreen mode

And besides, I'm still playing FarCry 2 and occasionally oblivion (yep, started very late) :D
So I can wait till they release a patch, if I have to

Reserved at BB. Had a blast with the demo but it was too short IMO. And poo-poo on Monolith for not inluding a 16:10 option. I bought a WS monitor so I didn't have to have letterbox!

Will buy on Steam. BB would have to offer me a free ride and a hand job...so ya Steam.

Not sure yet. I'm looking for widescreen support without black bars, mappable mouse thumb buttons, fix for autosave stutter and changing the film grain. If they aren't fixed I ain't buying.

Definite pass. I thought it was boring for the most part and the mech suit at the end of the demo killed it for me.

+1....

Eventually when it goes budget. I too have a massive backlog of games still in shrinkwrap! And have only just started playing crysis!! Games include:

quake wars
c&c3
GRAW2
COH: OF
Supreme Commander
STALKER
WIC

And that does not even include all the games I have accumulated on my xbox360 and PS3!!

It sucks having to work full time, back in my university days I used to finish games within a week of release so I would literally be waiting around for new games to play. Now adays I am grateful when there is a lull so I can at least try to get through the games sitting idle on my shelves.

Weak excuse. A lot of people work full time including myself. I spend my time playing games and reading forums rather then watching tv at all.

As a die hard fan of the first F.E.A.R., I will definitely be picking up the sequel come 10 February.

Nope. I'd rather play the original through again. The AI is total shit even on the hardest difficulty, making the game boring and easy. I'll buy it if the redo the AI to behave like the first game.

Im going to get it. I loved the Demo in every way accept one. That stupid filter they put over everything sucks. I hope there is an option to turn it off like Mass Effect had.

Liked the first, played it through many times. If its more of the same, yes I will buy it. Haven't tried the demo yet.

LOVED the first two. My favorite games of all time.

I will surely purchase the new one, and now that I know there is a demo out, i'll be downloading that when I get home. =)

I will probably wait to see if Intel retailedge get it, I could have gotten FC2 and RA3 for practically nothin...

LOVED the first two. My favorite games of all time.

I will surely purchase the new one, and now that I know there is a demo out, i'll be downloading that when I get home. =)

Huh, there is only one previous game unless you're counting the expansions?

Bought the retail version and it is on my PC desk at the moment.

Not going to install any recent and modern games until I get a new PC.

Of course I will! 11gigs is just too much to download! : )

Seriously, I am gonna pick it up tomorrow. Loved the first one, the demo was fun even if it is a little "console-fied".

All i can say is that the full game is much much better than the demo. No more stuttering problems or hiccups, and plays at ~100 frames stable on all max on my sig rig.

The game also feels much more intense and in your face after the first 1-2 missions, which to me is a good thing, since at the same time it keeps that feeling of "fear" over you :)

But overall, to everyone who's condemning the game because of the demo, i would recommend you try it out at least, since imo its much better :D

Also here's a teaser to everyone who hasnt played it yet :p

kb5fmh.png

Why are there black bars in 4:3?

Every resolution in FEAR 2 is letterboxed 16:9. One of the two reasons I'm not buying this no matter how much I enjoyed FEAR and monolith's past games. Canceled my preorder the moment I read a post here saying the game requires steam as the DRM with the retail boxed copy.

Ankle said:
Every resolution in FEAR 2 is letterboxed 16:9. One of the two reasons I'm not buying this no matter how much I enjoyed FEAR and monolith's past games. Canceled my preorder the moment I read a post here saying the game requires steam as the DRM with the retail boxed copy.

I have no problem with Steam, but not even having the game render at the resolution you set it to is just flat out lazy. This makes it sound like Monolith sold out, which makes me sad since they made great PC graphics engines. This is something that should've been working properly before any significant part of the game content was even developed.

Sorry lith, but I won't pick this up merely on principle, the same way I won't touch a game with limited activations. Even if it's just a game, it's still capitalism. Vote with your money. The problem is there's a lot more console gamers voting than PC gamers...

Ah well, more DoW2 Beta it is...

The real game is so much better than the demo imo, but it is true that the game is consalized. Somehow, i always got the feeling that I was playing a port :(. Still a good game though.

Back