Will Symantec Small Business 9.0 Standard work for me?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19858
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19858

One more post before I order, cant afford groupware version.

I know Symantec sells two versions of Small Business 9.0, one with groupware (Exchange) and the other without.

My question is, if I buy the standard version and install it on my Exchange server I know it wont scan Exchange. But since I get 5 licenses when I buy it would I be able to load the remaining 4 on workstations and be protected?

The standard version is much cheaper and we have very few Exchange users. So say a virus comes in through email will my server be safe? Then say that email goes through to my email and I get it on my system with Norton 9.0 installed will it detect that virus?

The Symantec Antivirus 9.0 has a Microsoft Outlook Auto-protect feature that would catch any emails that would contain a virus payload.

However that would be my last resort. If i have learned anything in the past years regarding anti-virus software, it is that often it is a little too late (even with the latest defs).

It isnt the way I want to do it but the exchange 5 pack would cost 307 and the standard is only 169. I dont see how it would be too late on the client end if I am not even opening the attachments and they are being scanned.

It will only scan the attachment, once its opened.

It won't scan the individual email store looking for malicious payloads in the background

Back