• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Will I notice input lag?

chronicfx

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 29, 2012
Messages
286
My current monitor for the last 4-5 years has been an Acer P243waid which according to reviews has a very low input lag (haven't found numbers but back in that time they were claiming almost "no input lag"). If you can find the numbers I would love to see them.

Anyhow, I am thinking of buying a catleap or shimian 2560x1440 monitor but since I have my PS3 and computer hooked up DVI and HDMI to the same monitor currently I would like to keep the "multi" input with the new monitor for convenience. I am seeing complaints that using the "multi input" models for these korean monitors adds alot of input lag. I mainly play RPG style games skyrim, fallout, kindoms of amalur, GTA, the witcher with a few FPS like crysis,call of duty, I may try out BF3 at some point. Admittedly I am not the most awesome FPS player as I usually get killed when throwing back grenades and pulling knives to kill attack dogs come into play. For someone of my non-pro skill level with the FPS and my mainly playing RPG style games will I notice this input lag? Should I get the regular monitor with just the DVI-D dual link? Does that one work with PS3 without spending $100 on one of those active usb powered adaptors?

Also my wife would like to work her T420 thinkpad off of it since she works at home, would the multi input model do VGA to VGA and just work?
 
I know this is a long question and you want to avoid it... but.. can someone help me out with this one? I would love to purchase this monitor but its not expendable money for me. Its about top of my budget right now.
 
In RPG`s you will barely notice anything it`s mostly in FPS and RTS games where you will notice it.
 
The input lag is unknown for the Acer, any tests done would have been done years ago, and done inaccurately, so there is no point guessing.

I used to have an Acer P243W and a 20" Samsung which didn't have any input lag and never had any issues, but then I didn't know what input lag was back then, so this sentence is useless.

The best thing you can do is go to your local best buy/costco/wal-mart (places with hassle free return policies) and pick any 23-24" Asus/Samsung TN panel (negligible input lag) and compare it to your Acer. Or borrow one from a friend. If the Acer feels laggy compared to the 23-24," then you will be fine with a multi input Korean display, since they have a bit of lag.
 
Back
Top