wifi+printer ??huh??

miskari

[H]ard|Gawd
i just got my whole wifi set up, 1 is hardwired to the router, the other 2 are using WiFi, my printer is on the one using wifi (i.e not the main pc) so my question is, is there a way to connect the printer so i can send print commands from any PC? im really new to this so i appreciate any help
TIA

miskari said:
i just got my whole wifi set up, 1 is hardwired to the router, the other 2 are using WiFi, my printer is on the one using wifi (i.e not the main pc) so my question is, is there a way to connect the printer so i can send print commands from any PC? im really new to this so i appreciate any help
TIA

just set up printer sharing...

i don't remember how to do it exactly.. but if you fiddle around enough.. it shouldn't be too hard... that's what i did..

Enable file and printer sharing and share the printer, then connect to it remotely from the client. Typically the easiest way is via UNC path \\servername\sharename

Wireless or wired. There's no difference when it comes to networking. Just a different medium. Same methodology. Google windows xp file sharing. No shortage of walkthroughs if you need help or in this area, windows help is actually worthwhile. Plenty of people here that can help but your question is to broad to answer in a typical forum post.

I would get a wireless print server and hook the printer into that, so you dont have to have other PC on to print. wireless or wired print server will make things MUCH easier for you

Back