Why the hell is Vista SO slow uninstalling?

cerebrex

[H]ard|Gawd
It takes literally 3-4 minutes after I click uninstall for just the menu to appear to allow the uninstaller to begin, it's been like this one every system I've ever built, freshly formatted or not... always takes FOREVER. what the hell is the deal?

I just tried uninstalling a few programs that I didn't need any more to see if I had the same problem. Both utorrent and mIRC uninstalled in less than 15 seconds a piece after clicking the uninstall button. Not sure what your problem is, but I can't ever recall experiencing it on any of the 3 or 4 systems I've installed Vista on.

I've experienced similar problems with installers and unpackers. Vista is porked there's no way around it.

They pretty much rewrote the damn thing in SP1 judging from its size so some fix might be waiting there.

Several systems of Vista here as well, and I don't have that issue either. You might want to retrace back to any system "tweaks" you've done.

Also what programs are you uninstalling?

Some uninstallers suck...

Is system restore enabled? My desktop is fine, but on my laptop with it disabled installs and uninstalls go almost twice as fast.

Back