Why is my Vista Score so low?

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Why is my Vista Score so low with the specs in my sig. I hit update and refresh and it runs through the test and still gives me a 1.0 for graphics and gaming.

capturegd8.jpg

Definitely either the chipset drivers incorrectly installed or the display driver incorrectly installed.

nVidia released new drivers.

(sorry, but having participated in some of the nVidia driver threads, I couldn't resist.)

"New hardware detected. Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed"

Means exactly that.. if you have drivers installed you haven't refreshed the rating.

Wow, this is actually kind of funny, as this might be the only time I've found myself thinking that this stupid "scoring" system is worth a shit... it can now be used as a warning indicator that something is obviously, horribly wrong with your setup:D

I'm joking, of course, but in all honesty, you must have noticed that something is a little off.. or is everything performing well?

Your problem is obviously a driver related issue.

Everything runs fine. Im using the 100.65 vista driver. This rating system has been like this since day one of having vista. Im on the 680i SLI chipset with the latest drivers for that as well. Its probably just us 8800gtx + Vista owners because my brother has the exact same setup and hardware and his says the same thing I believe.

If everything runs fine I would ignore it.. those "scores" don't really mean anything in my opinion anyhow, and you obviously have a very capable system, soooo..

By the red border I'd bet he used the Snipping Tool in Vista.

And yes, I'd agree: the video drivers could be the cause of it, but if the games are working and everything else seems ok - run dxdiag on it and make sure under the Display tab it shows DirectDraw, Direct3D, and AGP Texture acceleration are enabled - with one caveat:

I'm not sure how the PCI-E cards show up there with respect to the texturing acceleration, I've never owned a PCI-E card so maybe someone that does currently own one can let me know what a PCI-E video based system shows there for texture acceleration if anything.

As long as "stuff" appears to be working, ignore the WinSAT scores, they're useless by and large anyway.

Back