Why is my dsl have crappy d/l speed?

jeff1941

Weaksauce
I'm living in southern CA using Verizon DSL. Its prob been about 2 weeks+ of getting my DSL. I live more in the small mountain area. My cousin has the same dsl and lives like 1 mile away, i think they get like in the 100's kbps. Pretty sure we got both same plan 128kbps(bytes). I get about like 90kbps tops. I installed the filters correctly i think. I tried diff settings/configurations and etc. I dont really know why other then the fact that i am prob a bit far from my service provider. From what i heared, DSL is better if you are closer to the provider and cable is good when less people are using it around your area. I was wondering if i could get my download speed faster. Im hoping for at least 100kbs. :/ Im on a budget, so i am not buyign more speed. :(

DSL is a set speed depending on the distance from the CO (central office). Unless there's another terminal closer to you there's really nothing you can do, other than eliminate line noise. Run a new pair of wire from where it comes off the pole into the router. If it doesn't improve your inside wiring is fine and you're done.

Back