• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Why is my CPU so hot?

Garric

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
197
I oced my 3000+ Venice to a 2.0 ghz up from 1.8. My CPU tems are are around 50 degrees and 60 while under load. I don't know why this is the case, as I did buy a custom fan. I know that these degrees are not fatal, but they do discourage me from OCing higher.

EDIT: My GPU temps are around 45 degrees
 
is your heatsink making proper contact?... try reseating it to make sure
 
My volts are 7.8750, mem is at 2.6000. The custom heatsink is made of copper and cost $20. That's all I know.
 
If the cheap CPU thermal solution is any indication, you've also got a cheap case with shitty thermal characteristics. Either that, or your room is too hot... or a combination of the two.
 
7.8750

Uh, I seriously doubt that. Your volts for CPU should be 1.35V.
 
Garric said:
My volts are 7.8750

i think he means the volts going to your cpu, it's no way 7.8750 volts are going to your cpu

edit: beat to it :p
 
same cpu & mobo I got 2.7 at 5.5% overvolt with stock Hsf and thermal paste and it runs at 31 idle and 35 load
 
Back
Top