Why dont custon (at least 256x256) icons scale to correct size in Vista?

Is this just a current flaw in vista (home premium)?

Im using Stardock Icon Packager/Developer for my icons and I'm trying to switch out icons for files (my computer/torrents/misc) for different icons.

The icons im using all have at least a 256x256 size to them (some are 128x128)

Using Icon Packager to change the size doesnt work properly and the CTRL+scrollwheel works to change all the default windows icons, but all the icons I've changed still stay the same size, just with a border around them:

desktopscreen.jpg

Is this a Vista glitch, or is there a better way/program to swap out vista icons?

I think all new Vista icons, in fact, all new vista graphics are vector based. Meaning they can scale infintely small or large and maintain the same quality.

Sounds like you are replacing them with old bmp or jpegs....??

Read up on resolutions and image scaling.

I think all new Vista icons, in fact, all new vista graphics are vector based. Meaning they can scale infintely small or large and maintain the same quality.

Sounds like you are replacing them with old bmp or jpegs....??

Read up on resolutions and image scaling.

well yeah, technically I AM replacing them with bitmaps...there are jpg's that made up the icons im using, but they ARE in LARGE formats too (256x256, 128x128, etc) and I dont have the desktop icons anywhere near that size, yet they still will not scale

Back