Why doesnt Firefox work with fingerprint scanners?

BurntToast

2[H]4U
Targus and Microsoft. Why?

If it is a Firefox problem, is there an extension for it?

Thanks

i'd hazard to guess it's an active x thing.

you need finger print identification for a website? that's hardcore!

This is excatly why i do and will always use IE. It is what most of the web content is created to work with. I don't have spyware preblems because i don't visit shady websites or download a bunch of smiley face crap.

oakfan52 said:
This is excatly why i do and will always use IE. It is what most of the web content is created to work with. I don't have spyware preblems because i don't visit shady websites or download a bunch of smiley face crap.

Interesting. Any thoughts on the recent (something like ~6 months ago) hacks that left some very upstanding websites infected with viruses that autodownloaded thanks to problems in IE?

oakfan52 said:

That's a very narrow view on Internet life. Some of those sites that you visit use advertisements to fund them I am sure. And some of those advertisements come from places that are not so happy to keep you spyware free.

What are you doing with your finger print scanner that requires IE? is it storing your password or is it a website that requires fingerprint id?

oakfan52 said:
^^ DONT FEED THE TROLLS ^^

With my APC interface, the software running on the computer (Omnipass) simply remembers usernames and passwords for you. When this information is needed, your fingerprint is required for authentication, and Omnipass will fill out the username and password after a verifying your fingerprint.

With my APC interface, the software running on the computer (Omnipass) simply remembers usernames and passwords for you. When this information is needed, your fingerprint is required for authentication, and Omnipass will fill out the username and password after a verifying your fingerprint.

That's silly. Firefox has a auto-filler-in-er already.

yes, but firefox doesn't require a check to make sure its you at the keyboard before filling in that information, does it? :p

nismo_r34 said:
yes, but firefox doesn't require a check to make sure its you at the keyboard before filling in that information, does it? :p
Setup the master password, and configure that to your liking. That way you have to type a password every time in order for it to fill it in.
By default it asks for it once per session, but I am sure you can find a setting to change that, as Mozilla does.

I'd recommend sending an email to the Firefox mailing list, or posting on a Firefox forum somewhere. Theres gotta be someone out there whos done this or wants to.

-zac

yes, but firefox doesn't require a check to make sure its you at the keyboard before filling in that information, does it?

If you use a fingerprint scanner, then access control to your user account is already secured. So if only YOU are on your account, then it doesnt matter if firefox authenticates you or not. :D

nick_sabatino said:
If you use a fingerprint scanner, then access control to your user account is already secured. So if only YOU are on your account, then it doesnt matter if firefox authenticates you or not. :D

Perhaps, but what if its not me on my account :D

In any event, the software could be improved.

oakfan52 said:

Ahahahaa.... sooooo funny, yet soooooooooo true. Same here, man!

No need to hate because i refuse to jump on every cliche band wagon like firefox and gmail. You like the bowser better then use it. But i for don't see switching browsers as a solution for poor internet usage/restrictions in a business invironment.

oakfan52 said:
No need to hate because i refuse to jump on every cliche band wagon like firefox and gmail. You like the bowser better then use it. But i for don't see switching browsers as a solution for poor internet usage/restrictions in a business invironment.
Your comment in this thread is unconstructive and unnecessary, For everyone else, DONT FEED THIS TROLL.

Couldnet you use the fingerprint scanner to lock out access to FireFox?

Back