Why are my temps so high?

Duke3d87

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
430
This is really starting to really bug me. Heres whats going on.
I have an AthlonXP 2600+ (mobile) at stock speeds on water. Its at 98 degrees F idle!!! When overclocked, it hits around 120 degrees F on load!!! Whats going on and how do I fix this? I have a HydorL20, HydorL30, a 1978 Chevy Impala heatercore with 6 80 mm fans at 7 volts and the Asetek waterchill. From the ability of the Heatercore and waterchill to dissipate at least 400 watts (heatercore can probably do more) I’m baffled.

EDIT: now its at 102 idle
 
qbert95 said:
Those temps seem fine especially since its summer.
For a 45 watt chip and the fact that i have two rads?

EDIT: the NF7-S is overvolting it and its at 1.57 volts...its at .18 C/W
 
Yup, those temps are just fine. .18 C/W is very good for a real world setup.
 
ok thanks. On prime95, its 116 w/ a c/w of .14 at 2.52 GHz. I was worried because on xoxideforums, someone on air was getting 112 load
 
I saw your thread over at ocforums. Whats your ambient temp and case temp. I get 50C full load and ppl say why do you get such high temps. 2500MHZ 1.9volts and a case temp of 38-40C and room temp around 80-85F and max around 90F sometimes.

CA Summer weather really suxs :p
 
Vengance_01 said:
I saw your thread over at ocforums. Whats your ambient temp and case temp. I get 50C full load and ppl say why do you get such high temps. 2500MHZ 1.9volts and a case temp of 38-40C and room temp around 80-85F and max around 90F sometimes.

CA Summer weather really suxs :p
its 2520ish MHz, my ambient is 80 degrees F, my case temps are at 84 degrees F. vcore it at 1.73 - it survived hours of normal prime95, but not the tortue test BTW.

If you are wcing and CA is always hot, consider this: http://www.overclockers.com/articles389/
 
Vengance_01 said:
I wish I could, but I need this rig to be moblie
thats what everyone says :D...i think i am going to cut the bottom of the box out...the fans arent moving much air. Thanks for all your help
 
Back
Top