jazzman161
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 6, 2004
- Messages
- 220
Hey all. I've been running my WHS build for over a year w/ no major issues. All of a sudden this offline issue has been showing up. The server goes off the network and I need to either reset or pull and re-plug in the network cable off the mobo to get things back online.
Normally I'd receive the following post in event viewer:
The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer XXXX that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{82D498BA-3590-401A. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced. (Where "XXXX" is a local computer on the network)
So I logged into all my computers on the network except the WHS and disabled the computer browser service.
Now I get this post in event viewer (WHS still going offline):
The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{82D498BA-3590-401A-95BD-3D25B67A1F20} because a master browser was stopped.
Followed by subsequent posts due to unplugging/replugging the network cable:
The system detected that network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration has been released. If the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers.
The system detected that network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.
Any idea what the latest event means or how to fix my issue? I can't find any rhyme or reason to why it goes offline. I thought it happened during system backups but it just happened 20 mins ago and nothing was being backed up. The only major change (besides the typical Windows Updates) I can think of is I installed a demo version of PerfectDisk 12.
Thoughts?
Normally I'd receive the following post in event viewer:
The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer XXXX that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{82D498BA-3590-401A. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced. (Where "XXXX" is a local computer on the network)
So I logged into all my computers on the network except the WHS and disabled the computer browser service.
Now I get this post in event viewer (WHS still going offline):
The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{82D498BA-3590-401A-95BD-3D25B67A1F20} because a master browser was stopped.
Followed by subsequent posts due to unplugging/replugging the network cable:
The system detected that network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration has been released. If the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers.
The system detected that network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.
Any idea what the latest event means or how to fix my issue? I can't find any rhyme or reason to why it goes offline. I thought it happened during system backups but it just happened 20 mins ago and nothing was being backed up. The only major change (besides the typical Windows Updates) I can think of is I installed a demo version of PerfectDisk 12.
Thoughts?