WHS 2011 slow network

I have WHS 2011 installed on an SSD with raid 5 setup for my data. I can browse files on my server from my windows 7 HTPC but I cannot stream movies. If I try to copy a file from my server to my HTPC it transfers at 15KB/s. I have windows firewall turned off on both computers and have uninstalled all antivirus software.

I have tried initiating the copy from both the server and HTPC. I have tried to stream from my windows 7 laptop and windows 7 bedroom htpc. Nothing is working. Internet is fine on all computers and server. I'm able to download at my full speed. I have tried streaming a file from the servers ssd drive to and that doesn't work either. Copying files locally from the raid to another folder on the raid works fine as does copying from the raid to ssd. It's just as soon as I try to access my files from another computer, it transfers at 15KB/s. I have also tried disconnecting my router and just using a switch to connect the computers. I've powered cycled everything multiple times too.

Anyone have any ideas?

How are you connecting the two devices? Is it a wired LAN or a wireless LAN? If a LAN, at what speed is the NIC running? What happens if you transfer between your laptop and the server, and the laptop and the HTPC?

Have you checked the Event Logs?

I can stream fine from other computers. It's only local network traffic to and from my server. I looked in the event log but didn't find anything. Is there a way to view the log in real time? So I can see the errors as they happen?

Well I figured it out. Windows was saying my NIC driver was up to date but I thought that was weird because it said it was early 2011. I went to Asus's website and looked for a newer driver. Found one and streaming started working instantly after update. BTW the is on an ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ motherboard. Thanks for your help

Back