Whoohoo!

onetwenty8k

2[H]4U
Congratulations, you’ve learned how to build well-connected, visually stunning applications with Windows Vista, and now your free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number ***** on hand.

I didn't think I would get this e-mail ever.

Congratulations, you’ve learned how to build well-connected, visually stunning applications with Windows Vista, and now your free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number ***** on hand.

I didn't think I would get this e-mail ever.

Already a thread for this....:rolleyes:

Just got my confirmation as well for both Vista and Office. I think they are going to ship Vista out first. My e-mail for vista was the standard congratulations e-mail. My office 2k7 e-mail had this extra paragraph in it.

If you are eligible for and have registered to receive both the Windows Vista Business offer and Microsoft Office Professional 2007 offer, you must complete a W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) form. To make this easier, go to this online form and fax or mail the completed form using the information provided. This form must be completed, returned and documented before the second gift can be shipped. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

Interesting to say the least.

I got mine last night too:

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number xxxxx on hand.

Any idea when they might be delivered? It says 6 to 8 weeks from RTM. I'm not sure how confident I feel in this being fulfilled...but we shall see.

Any idea when they might be delivered? It says 6 to 8 weeks from RTM. I'm not sure how confident I feel in this being fulfilled...but we shall see.

I'm pretty confident that it will be fulfilled. Microsoft did a similar thing with Windows XP Pro back in the day. I remember getting this kit that had some XP brochures, an XP Bobble Head Baseball Player, an XP Baseball, and a Full copy of XP Pro. I just wonder what all is going to be in the kits they send out this time.

Ok, I've been out of it for a while, how the hell did you guys swing this? :confused:

Add me to the list. Got the email last night...I hope it arrives soon...I have Vista ultimate beta right now but the only difference is some Unix subsystem support and the ability to join a domain that is taken out of the business edition from what I can tell. I have several issues with the beta...like several utilities not working but hopefully that will be resolved with this final release..

The business and the ultimate editions are the only two editions that can in fact join a domain. Enterprise is just business with a different form of licensing for anyone who is thinking of that as its own edition.

I'm pretty confident that it will be fulfilled. Microsoft did a similar thing with Windows XP Pro back in the day. I remember getting this kit that had some XP brochures, an XP Bobble Head Baseball Player, an XP Baseball, and a Full copy of XP Pro. I just wonder what all is going to be in the kits they send out this time.
We will be lucky if it contains a dvd. :D Word on Amazon has it, that the retail Ultimate editions have old Bills autograph on them.

word on the street they will start shipping next week...let me find the link for the unbeleivers....brb

edit: here is the link....look for a post by Mark Brown. Look at page 13

The business and the ultimate editions are the only two editions that can in fact join a domain. Enterprise is just business with a different form of licensing for anyone who is thinking of that as its own edition.

An enterprise version that can't join a domain? That's pretty smart. :rolleyes:

An enterprise version that can't join a domain? That's pretty smart. :rolleyes:
Who said it couldn't join a domain? He said it was a different type of license...that's all. XP Pro retail and XP Pro Corporate where the same thing, but had different licensing schemes.

Enterprise is just business with a different form of licensing for anyone who is thinking of that as its own edition.

That is not exactly true. Enterprise has one extra added feature that business does not have, Bit Locker Encryption. Other than that they look to be identical.

According to one poster ,they ask for tax info ,if you get Vista enterprise, because it isn't available to the general public, only businesses.:eek:

Ok, I've been out of it for a while, how the hell did you guys swing this? :confused:

Yeah, I completely missed this one also...

Sorry to drag this up, but I've noticed nobody has answered these guys, and honestly, I would like to know the answer as well. I know that if you submitted bug reports and the like during the beta tests, you could become eligeable for a free copy, but what is this one all about?

According to one poster ,they ask for tax info ,if you get Vista enterprise, because it isn't available to the general public, only businesses.:eek:

It isn't Micorsoft asking for the tax info just so they can. They have to do this if you qualify for Vista Business and Office Pro 2007 since the retail price for both combined is over $600 and therefore is taxable by the state. I really don't understand what the big deal is and why everyone is so paranoid, this is common procedure for gifts over a certain denomination. Don't blame MS for this one, everyone should be pointing thier figures at the US government.

Sorry to drag this up, but I've noticed nobody has answered these guys, and honestly, I would like to know the answer as well. I know that if you submitted bug reports and the like during the beta tests, you could become eligeable for a free copy, but what is this one all about?

This was something that a lot of people lucked into. Microsoft put up a training website (http://www.powertogether.com/) that allowed people to register and watch web based training videos for both of the products. As long as you met the requirements and got in while supplies lasted you were able to take advantage of this incredible deal. This was posted on several web sites including I believe the the front page of HardOCP. Hope this helps.

Was anyone able to find a figure on how many actual copies will ship out? I remember not trying to get in on this deal because the websites were getting hammered so hard.

Was anyone able to find a figure on how many actual copies will ship out? I remember not trying to get in on this deal because the websites were getting hammered so hard.

30,000 is the number if i recall.

Back