Who else thinks this is lame (MSI case contest)

Yeah, i'm disapointed that chris (eddie dane) didnt win, he totally deserved it.

As a fan of your previous work Qtip42, I'd say I'm pissed off.

You have some of the most original custom case designs I've seen around the net, and you and Mashie are definitely favourites of mine. It's too bad this BS had to win.

The #1 case was a couple windows, an LCD, and... a bunch of drive bay inserts? What the hell?

The prizes MSI gave out were AMAZING too. I can't believe the "winners", MSI must have had a monkey as a judge.

it was online voting that chose who won. I didn't realize it was going till the day before it ended. I guess if you whore yourself out to enough forums you can win. I just stuck to genmay and [H].

lol, i know, i accidetally hit the button, and when i clicked send, i realized what i had done, sorry :/ i didn't mean to send it to ya, i was gonna pm ya, but i didnt know who to PM :/

I have not heard a thing. I'll email them but I doubt they'll let me know.

on a side note......dont do what again? bump old threads = illegal?

naw, i accidentally clicked the "report thread" button, instead of reply button and i sent a "report this thread" thing saying soemthing like" so has MSI taken back the 4th placer?"...oops!

kronchev said:
the guy even said it was just a design and not a real case. i am pissed off beyond belief that this won

it wasnt photoshop, it was using a 3d program.
can you recommend a couple of good 3d programs?, im thinking of getting into it

also, that fourth entry is total bull... it looks great and all but shouldnt have won THIS contest.... if anything, it should have been disqualified and sent off to some digital artwork contest where its more appropriate

Honistly, i could whip something like that together in a few hours, if he would have spent more time on it (Actually modeled the front of the case and made an actual mobo inside) I would have been alot more impressed. This is really nothing more than a box and some cylinders when you get right down to the basics.

As for 3d programs: I like Autocad, but im going to try 3dsMax and Rhino3D when i get my computer reformated

boardsportsrule said:
naw, i accidentally clicked the "report thread" button, instead of reply button and i sent a "report this thread" thing saying soemthing like" so has MSI taken back the 4th placer?"...oops!
huh? :confused:

he clicked the little red triangle to report a post, look on the left, next to the online/offline ball...

wayne said:
can you recommend a couple of good 3d programs?, im thinking of getting into it

also, that fourth entry is total bull... it looks great and all but shouldnt have won THIS contest.... if anything, it should have been disqualified and sent off to some digital artwork contest where its more appropriate

ive been trained on lightwave, some people like it, some people dont.

FLECOM said:
he clicked the little red triangle to report a post, look on the left, next to the online/offline ball...
red triangle?... ball? :confused:

lol :p :D

any news from msi guys?

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your email. The 4th winner has not submitted a picture of him and the case yet before last Friday. Besides, our marketing team here decided not to announce a different winner, because the the next candidate was about 360 votes less than the 5th winners. Hope this email answer your questions well. Thanks for your support.

All the best,

Kevin

LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ that loser who didn't send in a picture. But that's lame that they aren't giving away a prize to anyone.

Qtip42 said:
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your email. The 4th winner has not submitted a picture of him and the case yet before last Friday. Besides, our marketing team here decided not to announce a different winner, because the the next candidate was about 360 votes less than the 5th winners. Hope this email answer your questions well. Thanks for your support.

All the best,

Kevin

LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ that loser who didn't send in a picture. But that's lame that they aren't giving away a prize to anyone.

that makes no sence?

why so much hate for this guy anyway? MSI should have realized that the guy straight out said it wasnt a real case, and if you look at it, it is most obviously a chop...

i think MSI is to blame here unfortunately, as i stare at the giant cloth msi banner on my wall :(

:(

FLECOM said:
that makes no sence?

why so much hate for this guy anyway? MSI should have realized that the guy straight out said it wasnt a real case, and if you look at it, it is most obviously a chop...

i think MSI is to blame here unfortunately, as i stare at the giant cloth msi banner on my wall :(

:(
yea, i agree

leave the guy alone cus all he did was design a computer...
soo...whats MSI's email ;) ?

the 5th place winner should get SOMETHING for being fucked in the ass. all theyre going to get is "HAHA you were beaten by a crappy CGI case...oh never mind you actually won, oh well no prize for you"

precisely, he is disqualified as a winner so the next guy up must move up... not doing so is lame imo

The guy obviously was trying to fool someone...........and I didn't like that.......a contest is for people who put a great deal of time and money into a case.........not a picture. Thats all.......he also blocked me on AIM when I asked him why he entered it in.

hmmm....if it woulda said honduh "type R" instead of ford it woulda got first place probably. I personally take offence cause I drive a Ford. blah (no offense to the honda owners here...just don't get stupid ricer mentality and you're ok)

but yeah that's crap he won, he needs a good kick in the balls.

is it just me or did anyone else notice MSI's horrible grammar in their emails?

and it doesn't matter if the next guy in line had 360 votes less, he was still next in line. BOO to MSI on this one.

oh yeah, and the first place winner...lame. I hate seeing all those damn drive bay inserts...seem useless to me. (sure, a few years ago I built an amplifier into one of my 5.25" bays but I've matured since then...posted it a longass time ago on here but it looks like my account was deleted since then)

Must control fist of death. I don't even know what to say. The whole thing is just...so......wrong. 2 should be 1. 3 should be 2. 5 should be 3. 1 should get a newegg gift certificate for spending so much dough on premodded crap. Someone even said it earlier.....even if it wasn't fake........THE MOD SUCKS. Yeah.......I'm gonna superglue my cat to the side of my case and put a bumpersticker on it. What a crock.

Cocheese said:
Must control fist of death. I don't even know what to say. The whole thing is just...so......wrong. 2 should be 1. 3 should be 2. 5 should be 3. 1 should get a newegg gift certificate for spending so much dough on premodded crap. Someone even said it earlier.....even if it wasn't fake........THE MOD SUCKS. Yeah.......I'm gonna superglue my cat to the side of my case and put a bumpersticker on it. What a crock.
its not the guys fault his mod is too boring... its MSI's fault for picking these people... and if its not MSI, then its whoever made the judging

its not the guys fault his mod is too boring.

It's not MSI's fault that his mod sucks. I'm saying it's MSI's fault two fold. Once for picking a picture. Second for picking a POS mod.

Uhh guys.....
Its US who picked the cases, the[font=&quot] general
public, it was done by vote on there website [/font]

eh, the general public is dumb (in general). If it were us that thing woulda had no votes at all

My premoded x-dreamer is better than 1st place guy's box... :rolleyes:
I didnt know of the contest, so i didnt enter, i coulda won 2 grand worth of Ms(hit) crapI... :D
i woulda rather got a x800xt than 2 grand of msi bucks myself.... :p

Rombus said:
Uhh guys.....
Its US who picked the cases, the[font=&quot] general
public, it was done by vote on there website [/font]
yea... but the general public includes lil kids that may have stumbled onto the voting page and thought the digitally designed computer looks better because its got better pics than the ones other people took or because of whatever other stupid reasons....

i think this contest should have been posted on more forums and/or somehow limited the type of general public who basically has no knowledge or experience towards modding

Sun_tzu617 said:
My premoded x-dreamer is better than 1st place guy's box... :rolleyes:
I didnt know of the contest, so i didnt enter, i coulda won 2 grand worth of Ms(hit) crapI... :D
i woulda rather got a x800xt than 2 grand of msi bucks myself.... :p
yea, but wouldnt you have gotten the $2000 to spend on an x800xt and then have money left over to buy other stuff?

wayne said:
yea... but the general public includes lil kids that may have stumbled onto the voting page and thought the digitally designed computer looks better because its got better pics than the ones other people took or because of whatever other stupid reasons....

i think this contest should have been posted on more forums and/or somehow limited the type of general public who basically has no knowledge or experience towards modding
I know it was open to everyone, i was just pointing the fact it was a webvote out to the people who thought it was MSI who picked the winners.

I agree however that a casemod contest limited to people with knowledge would be cool.

I also agree the 6th place person should be moved up!

Back