Which wrt54g firmware?

Anyone have any suggestions?

I want to take advantage of the untapped capabilities of my Linksys wrt54g, but can't get a decent opinion of either DD-WRT or HyperWRT. (much less any of the other 3rd party firmware avaliable...)

Any Google search or forum search tells me what people use or recommend, but not really why.

Just tapping the communitiy for any practical experiences.

so far I've liked the sveasoft firmwares... but his blatantly anti-GPL practices put me off.

I have the gs, what is the untapped options? Also are you guys having issues with the highthroughput dropouts? If so they have a beta out that actually fixes it for the g and gs. I posted a thread on it a couple of days ago.

I'm using one of the newer sveasoft firmwares.

Firmware Version: Alchemy-6.0-RC3(LW03) v2.04.4.8sv

I paid toe 20 bucks or whateverm just because I wanted some of the newer features that came with that. I've had no problems with data transfers across my network at all.Wired or wireless.

I use the latest version of Satori. I'm not liking it at all. I don't feel like switching though. Not enough comparisons online of Sveasoft vs. HyperWRT vs. (firmware here).

i think i goofed when i bought the v 2.2 version of the wrt54g. no firmware i have used has stood up to any amount of bittorrent action (over wired connection). so far i've used the default, two different alchemy, and the current hyperwrt. i consistently go back to my gentoo router.

Back