• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Which would you consider "better"?

dBTelos

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
1,248
I have a Panasonic Stereo System (you know that compact shelf systems or whatever), and I have the Klipsch Promedia 2.1s. I use my Klipsch Speakers MUCH more then the Panasonic system. Both sets of speakers use normal speaker cables, so I'm considering hooking up the Panasonic bookshelfs to the Klipsch Sub/Amp. Just switching them around. I'm going to still use the Klipsch sub on my comptuer. I took pics of both the Promedia sats and the Panasonic bookshelfs so you can "evaluate".

Panasonic Bookshelf (two of them obviously):




Side:


Back:


Klipsch Promedia Sats (two of them obviously):




Which would you consider "better"? Just in general. Simple yet to the point replys appreciated.

TIA

-dB
 
How many watts can the Kilpsch amp push to the speakers and how many watts can the panasonic speakers handle?
 
Tough to say. Klipsch and Panasonic certainly have different methods of rating their amps, so one may, more realistically, put out much more power than the other, even though they're rated quite the same. It does appear that Klipsch follows FTC guidelines for consumer amplifier ratings, but one can never be sure (unless we test it ourselves!).

Out of the two, I'd use the Promedia amp and satellites, and mostly due to the horns (I sure like horns).
 
The Panasonic's speakers look to have bigger horns, how would the pro medias be better?
 
Both have tweeters, but only the Klipsch satellites have horn tweeters, which offer a couple advantages, but mainly wide high frequency dispersion. Horn tweeters are also more efficient, meaning you'll be able to go deaf more easily when using the Klipsch's (probably :) )
 
If Klipsch sats are 8 ohm, and Panasonics are e.g. 4 Ohm, you may damage the amp. I doubt the sound will be any better (depends on how expensive the Panny was), so just use the Klipsch.
 
Back
Top