• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Which will sound better?

cinohpa

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
288
So, in the wake of the right speaker on my brand new m-audio av30s failing, I am taking some time to reconsider my options.

I'm thinking of refunding and doing something else, but only if I can avoid more problems for not significantly more money.

Either I could just get something about the same as what I have now for about the same price, or I could try to spend a little more, get an amp and see how that works out.

Going by what I've seem on the forums, as for getting something similar to what I have now:

1: just get a replacement av30
2: av40
3: behringer's
4: something else of the recommendations I've seen around on the forums

Or I could try to get a deal on an amp and monitors, going by some things I've seen around on the forums something like this is actually around the same price as the av40s if I get a deal:

1. http://www.thespeakercompany.com/P5-PR-525-2-way-Bookshelf-Speaker-Pair-P42C37.aspx
+
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=302-601

Would the latter amp + monitor combo give me higher sound quality that the former 2.0 setups? Reliability?

Thanks.
 
I don't think you'll get head and shoulders "better" quality with any of these solutions, although you may get a sound you prefer or a featureset you prefer

on getting the replacement AV30's, is M-Audio willing to replace the set due to the failure, or are you actually buying the same product again out of pocket?

honestly if they are brand new, M-Audio should be footing the bill, and even if you don't end up using them, I'd get them replaced as a matter of principle
 
3" drivers are a little small imo, as they leave a lot of area that size driver simply can't cover. If the option is to return the speakers and get credit, going for the av40 is a good option :)
 
Yeah. I ordered from newegg. So I have a few options at my disposal as to what I do in terms of a refund.

The frustration is just making me rethink what would be best.

I will look into the av40s.

I kind of fear having the same problem of the right speaker dying though.

Can anyone say anything to that?
 
honestly I've never heard of this "right speaker death issue" until your (multiple) thread(s)

if you're displeased, just get a refund and go elsewhere, or give 'em a second go, if it happens again, get the credit back and go somewhere else then
 
Back
Top