• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which SSD for Random Performance...

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
9,778
First off I dont know if this is thread worthy.

I have a few questions of which might help other users as well.

1. What Sata III SSD supports a higher performance on Random Read/Write. (I know Crucial C300 does).

2. Can you recommend some brands and models?

I am and probably others are not up to speed on the different drives i.e. Intel, etc....

I really appreciate the help. Also I am not concerned with saturated 6gbps transfer rates. I want raw hardcore random IO performance. This is for a desktop application. Im looking between 120 and 240GB.

I already own a Corsair SF2200 Powered Force 3 which absolutely blows on random performance compared to what im sure you are going to recommend. Also is there a SSD specialized review site that is out there?

Thanks a million for the support.
 
I can personally recommend the Crucial C300. I've used a number of drives and have had 0 problems with the crucials, had some intels die, and had some corsairs do weird reboots unless I turn off TRIM.
 
Cool thanks...

What about OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS? I was looking at a review somewhere on that and it got editors choice, but damn expensive.
 
Back
Top