Which Raid 5, 0+1, Intel 10

SHREK

Weaksauce
Joined
May 14, 2005
Messages
103
From my lack of preparation and going on the advice on some local computer guru's I went and ordered 3x150 Gb Raptor drives for my new build to create a RAID 5.
This will be going on a Intel Bad Axe 2 with kentsfield Q6700 cpu, along with with corsair dominator memory.

This will be my first build with modern technology, ie:sata drives, and a 775 socket and hopefully a future with crossfire.

After I ordered all parts and paid in full, I have discovered through google and lots of reading that this will not increase speed and performance but give me redundancy and safty.



With performance as a priority and redundncy as a secondary would it be worth to buy another raptor drive to implement a RAID 0+1 or the intel RAID 10 (reason intel RAID 10 because i did not see 0+1 as an option in the raid utility configuration. This information I gathered or read straight from intel. please correct me if i am wrong on that) or do I stick with RAID 5.

I was hoping to get some feed back from anyone else thats using the RAPTOR drives on the bad axe 2 board.

Cheers

Totally Confused raid builder
SHREK
 
I would do Raid 0+1. BTW that's going to be a great system. Good Luck.
 
Back
Top