which memory diagnostics?

Sweetnsexy

n00b
I am having some isses with my new pc. I have built a pc using a8n delux asus with 2 kingstin memrory 512 and 200 gig hardd rive with 2 6600gt nvidia. any hoot, a coup.e days ago it died wouldnt turn on. I realized it was the powersupply. that was changed then my hard drive would boot correctly, I couldnt even get to boot the cd since it was corrupted to so bad to actually try to partition it. anyways I got a new hard drive I 2was able to load windows and my games. probelm is up to today when I tried to turn it on it said it couldnt find a ntldr file. which was weird becuase i am the only one that uses this pc and I know I didnt delete this file. Any ways I tried to reboot again then it said a file with in the system directory is missing. well whe I went into the bios the hard drive wasnt readign the right size. so brought back the srive and got another one I am having the same issus again.

Would liek to know if ther eis a diagnostic free software that I can use to check the ram, motherboard, and hard drive. I thinking maybe there is a short somewhere.

A hint, if you post using properly formatted English it makes it much easier to figure out what's going on.

Memtest86+ is the memory testing tool.

I really doubt the hard drive is at fault, as you replaced it and have the same problem again.

It sounds like you might be overclocked too far or have otherwise incorrect BIOS settings. It's still a good idea to test your memory to make sure it is stable as configured and has no defects, but a system that's overclocked a bit too far (intentionally or inadvertently) will often display those kinds of symptoms.

What kind of Kingston memory? There are certain types of Kingston ValueRam that are specifically labelled as "Not for Dual Channel Systems."

Back