Which is better!Final Judgement??!!

danilo2535

n00b
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
14
ok after 3months of extensive researching around ive finally narrowed down my options to 2 MONITORS. its between the HP 2509B and ASUS VG236H. i know they are different class of monitors but what i want to know is:

1. which has better display?everything that is important to have an amazing eyegasm experience.color vibrancy, crispness and clarity is most important!

2. since i know that the vg236h is a 120hz monitor which would be a better monitor that will blow my mind when playing games? i play mostly MMO's and RPG's with some FPS and Strategy games.



P.S. i would really appreciate NCX's response on this since i know that he has personally tested this monitor.Thanks guys!my future gaming experience depends on you guys!:D
 
Last edited:
Personally, for gaming, I'd pick the Asus without hesitation. Actually, I'd pick the VG236HE without the silly 3D glasses and save about $150.

Mostly because I'm a zealous 120Hz apostle.

Don't listen to the heretics.
 
yeah thats what i mean to buy to save a bit of $$ from the glasses. if they have the same quality of display in terms of color vibrancy, clarity and crispness then definitely ill probably go with the Asus one.
 
Depends on your video card. If you are never going to get >60fps I would go with the HP 25/2711x due to the nicer bezel and screen size=more immersive gaming experience.

I have the Asus and it is the best all around TN I have used, but the HP had slightly better color presets, contrast (my Asus has better uniformity but going by other reviews I just got lucky), and of course the price+size advantage.
 
awesome thx for the input.i have a msi 560ti gpu/2500k processor/asus sabertooth p67 mobo so i reach >60 in FPS games no prob.still planning on SLI'ing them by thanksgiving just waiting on some good deals.

i might just wait on who gives out a better deal first on the monitor and ill bite :)

thanks!
 
Last edited:
I have a HP 2509B and I love it. Went from a 19in to a 25in and was blown away. No noticeable ghosting, colors are great, blacks are decent, back light bleed minimal/not noticeable unless looking for it. Cant list any real faults. Got mine at Best Buy. I recommend this monitor if you dont need 3d.
 
ill probably vist bestbuy tommorow and see how it works to be really convinced in buying which but we'll see.
 
Back
Top