• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which is a better card?

SLiLOVER

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
304
Which AGP card is better the PNY 6800 GT,Chaintech 6800 GT,XFX 6800 GT, BFG 6800 GT OC or MSI 6800 GT?
 
I would go XFX as I believe they have a new lifetime warranty or something like that, can't remember off the top of my head.
 
i'd go BFG since that one is GUARANTEED to have a lifetime warranty...... plus as I understand, excellent customer support.....
 
oh shoot, I didn't even see the BFG on there...they're nice, but they tend to cost a little more.
 
Toss up between BFG and XFX - either one is outstanding. If I had to choose, I'd go BFG.
 
Better in what way?
All the cards listed are reference designs so have an equal chance at performance.
This has been discussed to death in the OCing forums.

If using the stock cooler go for Leadtek for their superior heatsink design. If aftermarket
cooling is in your future just get the cheapest card as all those 6800's have an equal chance
at unlocking and OCing.

The "lifetime" warranty on the BFG and eVGA are great. Until one considers the statute
of limitations on a "lifetime" warranty is 5 years on electronics. BFG said just that in
their responce to my e-mail.

How many plan to keep their Gfx card that long anyway? The average is about 3 years, and much shorter for avid OCers.
 
no, different manufacturers cards don't really have a better chance to OC unless the cores are picked that way on purpose or a manufacturer uses a better form of cooling, so no, not really.
 
go BFG, they factory OC it and provide a lifetime warranty. also, youre pretty much guaranteed to hit ultra speeds if not higher.
 
Back
Top