• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which headphones next?

Udo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
494
Already have beyrdynamic DT990pro and Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and am looking for the next step up without breaking the bank. Impedance doesn't matter as my tube amp can handle high impedance headphones fine. I was thinking Senn HD650 but they want $650.00 CAD for them which is way overpriced.
 
AKG K701? Denon AH-D2000? Could you get Grado RS-1's cheaper than the HD-650s?
 
If you don't love your 990's any more, I know an excellent home for them right next to me.
 
a denon ahd2000 would be nice 4 u. its a different sound than the other 2 u have.
 
anything by grado will give you a totally different sound sig from the cans you already own
 
Well what is your budget then? Obviously less than $650. but a max price would be nice.

From what you have you sound like you like bass. Do you want something different or along the same lines. Something like the K701 doesn't boom the bass like a 990 does. 650's would be closer. The Denon's are a good choice, not exactly boomy like the 990's but closer than the senns, grados or akg's
 
Personally, after purchasing the K701, my next step up is the Denon D7000. :)
 
What kind of sound do you enjoy, what music do you listen to, are these primarily for gaming or music, what is your budget?
 
I don't want to sell my DT990pro or ATH-M50 and like them, just want to add to my collection. There is no one genre of music I listen to so that is no help either. Wish there was some place I could hear all these headphones but there isn't so have to rely on people's opinions. I can afford more than $650.00 if I want but don't want to spend that kind of money. I think I can get HD650 for about $450.00 CAD online though so any headphone in that ball park price is ok. Sorry it took me a while to get back to you guys, totally forgot I had made the post until I just searched which threads I am involved in.
 
Back
Top