Which Headphones for multi purpose use?

Aidzero

n00b
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
49
I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones. I'm really trying to find a pair that will work well for both at home use and to wear around. I want something with good quality sound, very comfortable, and not super huge earmuffs. No real preference on over the head or behind the head, as long as they are comfortable. I want to be able to use these with my computer as well as with my ipod. I would like headphones that do not require a headphone amplifier for smaller devices. My budget is $150, but i would gladly pay less.
 
Somehow I don't think those will even come close that Sony

I currently use the MDR-EX082 and its sound quality can be compared to the HD595 and AD700 (but not better;)).

The only problem is, although it's excellent for 'on the move', it doesn't produce fulfilling sound of actual full sized HDPs.
 
lol

Don't try me when talking headphones. I bring MUCHO experience. The Sony is ok but not on the same level as the Yuins which are regarded as THE best earbuds ever made.

Please have look at the 6 reviews on Head-Fi about the PK1 and PK2. I would get the PK2 due to the price. The PK1 is better but not THAT much better.

Of course, everyone likes different sound so maybe the sony is better sounding to you. Just that most people will pick the yuin over the sony if a double blind test is done.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/yuin-pk2-earbud-killer-mini-review-212710/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/yuin-pk1-pk2-appreciation-thread-227027/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/...pk1-audio-technica-ath-cm700-yuin-pk2-243576/
 
You're right, HDPs are heavily based on the user's perception of sound.

Having said that, I would choose the hybrids everytime ^-^ (cos they have the bass of closed-back and the sound-stage/naturalism of open-back).
 
thank you for the suggestions!

Any recommendations for non earbud headphones? or are earbuds simply the way to go?
 
Those earbuds are just the easiest, good sounding and under $100 all around headphones that I could think of. I promise that they will make you smile!
 
Back
Top