Which GPU is GPU 1, 2 etc...

Vaulter98c

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2009
2FA
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
5,840
OK, so Ive got my GPU rig up and running, its a 3 slot mobo and I've got my 8400 GS in the bottom slot, and I'm rotatting out each of my 3 remaining GX2's in the top slot, one card at a time. I'm gonna fold on each on for 24 hours before I deem it stable and then I'll move on to my next one, pulling the current card out and swapping it.

What I want to know is how do I determine which GPU is 1 2 and 3 for using my flags (obviously my 8400GS cant fold so I need to skip it) on the GPU client.

Any help? Once I get all 3 running, I'll either send my bro one or sell it and leave the other 2 running until skynet is up again.
 
Top GPU is GPU 0

and the others...well that depends on the MOBO...I think

...and by the top GPU (0), he means the first slot, closest to the CPU. GPU 1 would be the second slot, GPU 2 the third slot, etc. ;)
 
Hmm, well I couldn't get it to run with the 8400 GS in there so I just took it out, running one card stable now, switch them out tomorrow, then #3 after that
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
One thing to mention, if memory serves me right, is that skipping a slot (for instance, using slot 1 and slot 3) will still set up as GPU 0 and GPU 1 as far as your clients are concerned. Figured that out the hard way after removing the middle card from one of my tri-card setups.

Good luck...
 
Back
Top