Which fan controller is this?

Krilynck

n00b
For my new case, which is the same as that in the picture below, I'm looking for a slim fan controller to fit in that 5,25" bay. Now, the thing that the owner of the case below uses, looks like a fan controller to me. If so, could anybody tell me what the name of that fan controller is? Haven't come across it yet.

WhichFancontroller_zps107fe5fd.png

Thanks a lot!

Not sure, looks generic. But I believe you can put in just about any controller in there.

Thanks, it looks like it is. :) It puzzled me a bit how I would ever get it in, the only thing I could imagine is sawing off the LED-part and turning it around to be able to fit it in. When I checked back with the picture, it turns out that I'm not the only one thinking that. If you look closely, you can see that the "min" and "max" indications are upside down.

For the actual sawing... can I just take the upper front off, or do you think that I'll have to remove the LED's etc behind that too?

Don't get that Zalman controller. It ain't all that great of a controller as it's overpriced (since it's Zalman.), and can't handle high amp fans or stuff like CCFL's.

Go for a Rheobus controller like the Sunbeam Rheosmart or the Rheobus Extreme (both of which have a shit load of aluminum sink attached to their VRM)

or a Lamptron or a G-VANS from Frozen CPU, which are rebadged/remade (I.E, MOSFET replaced) Lamptron's from Asia.

I know it sucks, but I don't seem to have many options here. I need the fan controller to fit where normally only the optical drive tray would be. So I don't have a full 5,25" bay available, but just like half the height.

the brushed black anodized of the Zalman is a pretty nice match for his case

If he is adventurous he could manufacture a new face plate for any of the good controllers, getting the finish that nice is another matter.

For a normal ODD tray, but the tray only. As you can see, there is a cut out piece of metal for the button too, but that won't work. It is the Lan Gear Da Box 100. I know it doesn't give bang for the buck quality wise, but at the moment it is the perfect case for me in terms of dimensions, airflow and esthetics. In other words: it works for me, just not at this point.

And indeed, I will use a dremel if nothing else works. ;) Currently asking the store about another front bezel which gives a full 5.25 bay. They exist, apparently.

I'm not sure it's the Zalman. If you look at the white labeling, it's in different spots on both the fan controllers.

Well, I've worked it out. I'm not gonna use a fan controller in that slot. With the case comes a 5.25" drive bay, which I'll be spacing up with some pads and then use a Silverstone TS06 (133mm wide and 17mm high, more or less like a regular ODD tray) to put a slim ODD in. With that Silverstone converter comes another converter you can place inside. That'll go underneath the slim ODD and I can put my SSD in it. That'll do the cable management some good too, as I have to get two SATA and two SATA-power cables at virtually the same place.

As for the fan control, I'll just hook them all up on an Asus Maximus V Gene and control them through the BIOS or Fan Xpert. Problem solved. :)

Back