Hi,
i'd like to buy some computer speakers but i have no clue what is good out there now. my budget is about $250max (if it is cheaper, it is better). i mainly game but i also watch couple movies. i have a sb x-fi. what do you advice me to get?
For $250 the best speakers within that range are the Z-5500's atleast you should be able to get them for that price. That is 500Watts of kicking power for your gaming and movies. If you had more money then I would say get yourself a decent receiver and speakers but this is not in your budget. The Z-5500's are or the Z5300's perhaps. I am sure some others may have some suggestions for you.
I'd second the z-5500 vote. I have the 5450's (I needed the wireless rears [yes I know, they still need to be plugged into a power outlet]), but will admit that the 5500's provide better sound and more oomph.
On the price front though, I think the 5500's are still around $300 or so. You may want to consider the 5300's for a cheaper alternative (around $130-140 or so.)