Which Accounting Software

rosco

Gawd
I would like to know which accounting software you guys would recommend for a company that has 3 separate company's with individual tax id number under it?

We would like to know the outlook of each company in addition to the overall outlook.

Thank you for your help.

I would do trials of Quickbooks and Microsoft Accounting 2009 and see what you like.

Quickbooks is the tried and true standard, but MS Accounting 2009 has really gained some nice features from the MS Money days and has a slick layout IMO.

I don't know much about the microsoft offerings but does Quickbooks have the capability to handle multiple companies?

I have heard from a couple sources that MAS90 may be the way to go.

Thanks for the input.

I don't know much about the microsoft offerings but does Quickbooks have the capability to handle multiple companies?

I have heard from a couple sources that MAS90 may be the way to go.

Thanks for the input.

Yes....the company file is just a file you open/save when running Quickbooks. Similar to say..Microsoft Word...file..open...browse..select the company name.

MAS90 is a different animal..it's higher end accounting, larger more enterprise volume, many users, shipping, large transactions....although granted Quickbooks has caught up in recent years with their Quickbooks Enterprise. But generally QB for small to medium, and MAS90 is used more in larger companies.

MAS90 comes with a higher cost also...as well as your accounting software consultants which command higher rates.

Yes....the company file is just a file you open/save when running Quickbooks. Similar to say..Microsoft Word...file..open...browse..select the company name.

MAS90 is a different animal..it's higher end accounting, larger more enterprise volume, many users, shipping, large transactions....although granted Quickbooks has caught up in recent years with their Quickbooks Enterprise. But generally QB for small to medium, and MAS90 is used more in larger companies.

MAS90 comes with a higher cost also...as well as your accounting software consultants which command higher rates.

Exactly. MAS90 is a large investment and for most smaller companies quickbooks is fine and the way to go. MAS90 usually requires an integrator to give you an idea of just how MASsive it is ;)

MAS90 is usually for more complete company control from inventory, to clients, to accounting. It really is overkill for most small companies...although one smaller client of mine uses it as they have massive inventories to control.

I really think MAS90 is huge overkill here. The only out of the ordinary thing that Quickbooks may or may not be able to handle is the multiple company thing.

Basically, they was to be able to zero in on how one of the subsidiaries is doing and then also be able to see how the whole company is doing.

Other than that, there is no inventory as this is a service based company and is pretty simplified in how they do business.

Anyone else?

Exactly. MAS90 is a large investment and for most smaller companies quickbooks is fine and the way to go. MAS90 usually requires an integrator to give you an idea of just how MASsive it is ;)

Yup..it's not really for small business. The 3x clients I have that run it....2 of them are oil supply companies, and the other is a large Hospice.

Back