Which 8800gts Overclocked Card to Buy

impactdax

n00b
Which GTS would you buy:

1. XFX Geoforce 8800 GTX Alpha Dog XXX
2. Asus en8800 GTS TOP
3. EVGA e-Geoforce 8800 GTS
4. BFGTech GeForce 8800 GTS OC

I'm looking for a stable factory overclocked card. I'm leaning toward the xfx or evga.

Hardocp reviews don't seem to give me any clear winner. I think the ASUS has some problems, review says it had issues on a couple games. It's the most overclocked, so that could be it. Plus it doesn't seem to be very available.

I'd personally choose XFX or EVGA because they allow after market coolers, but since you want it factory overclocked I assume you'd rather not mess with any of that. If you don't plan on stepping up anytime soon (with EVGA), XFX's transferable lifetime warranty will help when you go to sell it so that's definately a plus as long as the card is priced around the same as the others.

I'd personally choose XFX or EVGA because they allow after market coolers

so either of these brands allow you to strip off the cooler and put on aftermarket and still
give full warranty?

NICE to know thanks big time PK

I own the EVGA and am quite happy with it, having said that, I am looking into stepping up to the 9800GTX!

I have a BFG FX 5950 Ultra(w/ AMD 3500+) and 6800GToc(w/ 3.06ghz P4) running strong after a few years, and a "cool" OC'd MSI 88GT. I'd say go EVGA to have the step-up to do if wanted.

evga or xfx if you plan to use aftermarket HSF as others have stated.

I'd personally choose XFX or EVGA because they allow after market coolers

so either of these brands allow you to strip off the cooler and put on aftermarket and still
give full warranty?

NICE to know thanks big time PK

EVGA gives you a full warranty when you use an aftermarket cooler, granted you do not damage the card installing the new cooler and retain the factory one.

Back