Which 23" LED IPS do I buy?

Hanif

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
448
Please advise

Either the ASUS PA238Q or LG IPS236V-PN, 23" IPS LED Monitor?

I know both screens are matte and will cause grainy whites to appear. I also know both monitors suffer from backlight bleeding but I am willing to take a risk.
 
Out of those two I'd say the Asus but its not a cheap monitor. At that price you're getting towards something like a Dell U2412m
 
from another thread:

This is a good IPS in many ways. Good build quality, lots of accessories but it's like most IPS it suffers from it's draw back mentioned by other users on the forum. For me the low contrast ratio is a big flaw and I am thinking to return it. Because for gaming and watching movies low contrast really bother me more than inaccurate color and viewing angle. Everything looks so dark and washout compare to my 1000 contrast ratio TN beside me. So for general purpose I WOLD NOT recommend this monitor.

For photo editing and such I WOULD NOT recommend this monitor as well. 23" with 16:9 is too narrow for the purpose while you can get 16:10 24" for a bit more money.

In my opinion, this monitor is targeting customers who are not sure what they want. It is targeting the customers who want all the features but unfortunately is is not doing well in any of them!!!
 
guys i decided to go with the Asus VG236HE, 23" 3D 120Hz LCD Monitor, 1920x1080, 2ms, 100000:1(DCR), Dual DVI-D, HDMI
 
Back
Top