• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Which 2 drives to get?

flat4

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
1,091
i am building a new computer right now and i still have to decide on the drives i will use. i will be using this computer for mostly gaming and watching movies. i was look at these drives.

These two
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-200&depa=0
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-135-106&depa=0

the price for both of these drives is $ 186.50 shipped.

Or these two
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-350&depa=0
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-318&depa=0
the price for both of these drives is $ 170.99 shipped.

Here is a link to my worklog http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=771137&page=1&pp=20
 
i wouldn't go with maxtor, the company i work for goes through maxtors like toilet paper
 
Well, your other thread obviously shows you're not interested in the 'ultimate' PC. Just a pretty all-black solution computer. The WD selection seems very good to me really.

-J.
 
i never really thought about going with seagate. what are some good drives that they make?
 
I'm not sure of specific models, but I know Seagate makes very good quality IDE and SATA hard drives with 8mb cache available. As far as I know, they are very reliable (more reliable than Western Digital anyway) and quiet. Their quietness sometimes affects their performance, although very slightly. Personally, I would either go with a Seagate or Hitachi 8mb cache model. I've had a Hitachi 120 gb 8mb cache for almost a year. No problems whatsoever.
 
Barracuda (Seagate) is what I use. It's in a black color and it looks *fiiiiiine*. It's quiet too.. with 8 mb cache as well ( I have the 80 gb ver..)

-J.
 
I juust bought the 120BG 8MB cache one to replace my dead 40GB Deathstart thats finally died after 3+ years of abuse... not too bad for such ano old drive (GXP60)
Seagate are nice drives - very quite and performs well, hence why i got another one.

neo out
 
Back
Top