Which 19"

eli

[H]ard|Gawd
I did some research, and found what seems to be the two best 19" monitors--the Viewsonic G95F, and the Mitsubishi 930SB. I am going to be working in photoshop, playing games, watching DVD's, and some programing. Which monitor would you suggest?

Thanks,
Eli

Not to hijack this thread, but I have come to the same conclusion on the Mitsu 930SB. I just can't find the best place to buy it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

NM, i found it at the egg.

ok thanks for the info, looks like the 930sb.

Later,
Eli

LG´s Flatron series are gr8 crt´s to!
I just got my third Flatron, the 900P and it rox!
a plus i also that u dont get them crapy trinitron lines and they last a long time.

How do these monitors compare to the (older) Sony CPD-G400 and the dell P991 which are built on the 19" trinitron tube?

Just bought my 3rd LG Flatron crt monitor the 19" LG Flatron 900 and its gr8 !
I think that often the colors are a bit beter on the trinitron monitors, but i hate the 2 vertical lines and in my experience the Flatron types usualy last longer than the trinitron ones.

Originally posted by Atragon
How do these monitors compare to the (older) Sony CPD-G400 and the dell P991 which are built on the 19" trinitron tube?
I have seen the Mitsu 930SB and it has some of the best colors of any CRT monitor I have auditioned. It is also one of sharpest with respect to text.

Having said that, my wife and I picked up a 3 year-old P991 in very good condition last month for $99, and I must say that the text on the P991 is the best we have ever seen on a 19" monitor. Just outstanding!

Colors are pretty good on the P991, but the lack of individual RGB control (it's global on the P991) makes it more difficult to pinpoint a color level that you desire. Video card color controls can help, but I think that the 930SB is better at colors than the P991.

I am getting the Viewsonic G90f 19". its cheap, and it appears to be pretty awesome

I've had nothing but problems with my Viewsonic G90fb. I'm actually about to buy a new monitor. The Mitsubishi 930SB sounds pretty promising.

Trinitrons don't have vertical lines, they're horizontal. Color and sharpness are generally excellent as well and I've never seen them die any faster than anyone elses. That said, the longest lasting monitor I've used was an NEC.

You can't go wrong with an NEC/Mitsubishi, but the Sonys aren't bad either.

Back