Which 19" widescreen LCD to get?

Which 19" Widescreen LCD to get?


  • Total voters
    12

mash

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 16, 2005
Messages
278
I have a choice. The acer is $30 cheaper so, obviously, more compelling to me. However, I know viewsonic is one of the top LCD brands, so if there are extra features or the quality is worth the extra $30, I'm willing to spend it. Feedback is appreciated.

Viewsonic VA1912
Acer L5209
 
The viewsonic looks like a nice monitor. Heard mostly good about it.
 
Ok, but what makes the viewsonic worth the $, compared to the acer?
 
I'm also in the market for an lcd, and coincidentally, I've been looking at that same Viewsonic, and boy is it looking good to me.

Also, about your question, the Viewsonic has both DVI and VGA port so it is more future proof than the Acer which only has VGA.

I've also been hearing good things about the Viewsonic VX2025wm. I'm also looking at this monitor, but I don't know if I'm willing to pay the extra $100 for the higher resolution and higher contrast ratio.

You might also want to consider purchasing your lcd from a local retailer so you can keep returning it until you get one with no dead pixels. Newegg's policy is:

**Dead Pixels Policy: Replacement or Refund for 8 or more dead pixels only.

-Justin
 
None, they're all too small and low res. Save up a little extra for a 20-incher with a decent native res, you'll be glad you did.
 
Well, I don't want to spend $400 on a new monitor. I'm upgrading from an ooold magnavox CRT...It's either a 19" widescreen or a 17" (normal) LCD, otherwise I'll just get a better CRT.
 
I was thinking about getting the Viewsonic 19" widescreen and did alot of looking into it, I have head nothing but good about it. I hvae not heard anything about the Acer, I ended up getting a Viewsonic VX922 19" 2ms screen as I mostly game and theres alot of games still that do not support widescreen so I went with a normal 4:3 screen. I dont think you will go wrong if you get the Viewsonic widescreen!
 
Back
Top