Where to purchase LN2 Cooler?

Snigle

n00b
Hey guys, I am in need of a LN2 cooler for a 755 socket Core2 Duo. I am doing a presentation for some students and want to demonstrate overclocking potential. I have access to the liquid nitrogen and all the proper equipment but am at a loss tracking down a cooler. I have seen them before but can't figure out where to buy..

I am hoping for a sub $100 price if possible as this will be on the university's dime.

Thanks much,
Jim

Thanks! That is just what I was looking for, I'm hoping I can pull some strings and get one ordered. We would only use it maybe twice a year for demonstrations as it's already hard enough to get the chemistry department to fork over some LN2.

But come on, for our publicity/marketing events our school does this would be sure to draw students eyes. :D

kingpincooling.com but $100 wont cut it there. And stay away from the Koolance Pot its terrible on LN2.

kingpincooling.com but $100 wont cut it there. And stay away from the Koolance Pot its terrible on LN2.

+1 stay away from koolance stuff, kingpin's pot is the best afaik but it cost like ~$325
3434797649_4082496d25_o.jpg

Reply late much? Your posts are pretty much irrevalent since he is after something within his $100 reach, 2nd of all, his not doing professional overclocking, its just a demonstration not trying to break records, so the Koolance cooler which has been made and tested by professionals will suffice. Last of all, he said $100 ish not bloody $345.

Last edited:
Grab the Koolance pot and you'll be happy with it. I have one of Kingpin's pots, a Koolance, and 2 Mousepots and the only difference in any of them is the ease of controlling temps. You won't get a better oc with any of them compared to the others

There is no doubt KP makes some very nice pots, but you also pay a lot to have his name on it. ;) You can also look in the FS section on XS and find some good deals on a used pot. For your purposes even an aluminum pot would probably work, but I do recommend sticking with one with copper base.

I'd be surprised if the guys posting to stay away from the Koolance pot even own one, or have even used ln2..... one thing about the internet.... everyone has an opinion, whether they know anything about the subject or not. :rolleyes:

Back