Where to find P3 1GHz CPU

ycchan

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know where I can find a P3 1GHz CPU? I know 267MHz gain is little but my P3 procs is a bad overclocker, FSB @ 133...

I am assuming the 1GHz procs has 10x multiplier and 100MHz FSB?

100fsb p3 1ghz are really rare. youd most likely find the 133fsb ones that use a 7.5x multiplier. if your that insistent on keeping that motherboard maybe look into getting a tualatin to run on that board, you could go all the way up to 1.4ghz celeron which is just as good as a coppermine p3

The chips are very expensive. You could get an AMD chip and board for as much as I was seeing the P3 1Ghz for. Newegg has the P3 1Ghz 133mhz FSB processors for $94. That's not what you're looking for though.

Originally posted by MN Scout
The chips are very expensive. You could get an AMD chip and board for as much as I was seeing the P3 1Ghz for. Newegg has the P3 1Ghz 133mhz FSB processors for $94. That's not what you're looking for though.

exactly...you could probobly get a cheap mobo/cpu/ram combo for under 200

Thanks for your replies...which tualatin celeron is the best overclocker and runs on this motherboard: ASUS P3V4X

I've checked the ASUS website and I couldn't find the manual....

I'd say the Celeron 1.0A Tualatin is a safe bet, with the 10X multiplier it'll run 1.33Ghz at 133Mhz FSB. I'm almost certain it'll easily go higher but if you want to be safe and make sure it hits 133FSB.

ps: I'm running a Celeron 1.0A at 1.45Ghz @ 145Mhz FSB. Wish I had better ram : /

Back