Where to buy Mechanical Keyboard? (Cherry MX Brown)

Bmei

n00b
Hey, I am wondering if any of you guys know where I may purchase a Cherry MX Brown Keyboard? I live in Toronto...and the websites recommended at the Mechanical Keyboard Guide has crazy expensive shipping... eg: Filco.. $30 for shipping is fricking insane! please help and thank you!

bah nvm, I just pulled the trigger on the filco lol...will there be customs? I have bad experienced with UPS >.<

seems like i got lucky on ebay...new in the box, made in germany, compaq 11800 for $20. one of the best computer purchases i've ever made. i really like cherry browns. they feel stiff when new but once you break them in...very tactile, fast, and responsive. i like it better than my ibm model m's...

here's a place that sells all kinds of keyboards...you probably won't get as good of a deal as i got when i lucked out...

www.elitekeyboards.com

Nice to see others here who appreciate tactile keyboards. I've got a couple of the Compaq 11800's and IBM M's still laying around. The Compaq are great because it was used for Compaq's rackmount setups and since most businesses replace all the rack components at once they are often available, and the IBM M styles were so popular they are still manufactured to this day by Unicomp. At $70 + shipping they are not cheap, but they've even upgraded the electronics to USB.

I've been using the Filco, cherry brown, ordered from Elite Keyboards. They tape a financial statement to the box.

Yes there will be customs charges.

For a touch typist, this keyboard is like sex. I don't have any kind of RSI anymore.

I was tying my robe and the cord hit the keyboard and started typing. I was so shocked and found it so funny that I continued droping the cord onto the keyboard, to type.

That should give some idea of the sensitivity.

I will have to go back to banning myself from drinking water at the computer desk. A nice side table perhaps?

Back