where is plus and minus on the power button/reset when connecting case to mobo?

Dr_Chanesaw

Limp Gawd
where is plus and minus on the power button/reset button and HHD/power led when connecting case to mobo? the motherboard manual tells me where to connect the power button and where the plus and minus go but the cable doesnt say where the plus/minus are. the only thing i see is a small triangle next to one of the wires - does it mean anything?

The arrow is ground (minus). Plus you can often tell by the colors of the wires, for example on the speaker black is minus and red is plus.

thanks for your answer. now i'm confused because this guy is saying the opposite.

alex666 06-12-2005 01:32 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re. your first question, if you look very closely at the plug your are plugging into any of those headers, often the hot lead will be marked with a small arrow or something like that. I understand your confusion, and on one or more mobos I've set up, that arrow or similar marker was present.

You can plug a button on there, they don't have to "line up" or anything. Both those are just going to close the circuit, alignment doesn't matter. Unless you are trying to do something different with the signal and then that's a whole other discussion. :D

buttons/switched can be plugged in either way - they only make a momentary contact so it doesn't make a difference.

LEDs usually have either a black or white lead as ground (-ve) but plugging them in the wrong way won't matter much - if they don't light up, just switch it around, you won't damage an led by wiring it backwards (it's a diode, so current can only flow one way through it.)

Back