When is the 5850 going to be for sale under MRSP?

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
I know the demand is high and supply is low but geez, come on people, through a sale out there...

i thought it would be around april that we would see them for $200. i think this recession has slowed the tech market a bit.....

There's no reason to drop the price when there isn't a card that compares at it's current price point.

the longer they stay high, the longer my xfx's hold their value :p i have to admit though...we're 5 months after launch now and they're still above MSRP. if you were holding out for one below MSRP, you're probably kind of pissed.

There's no reason to drop the price when there isn't a card that compares at it's current price point.

exactly. no reason to drop prices right now when there is no competition at all. i dont think the 5850 price is that bad. go over and look at nividia's older cards gtx 280, 285 and 295. now those prices are high

Haha, I remember when they were first released a friend of mine asked me for some upgrade advice and I told him to hold off for a little until they got below msrp (at the time they were around $10 over msrp). Just shows what I knew. Lucky for him he ignored me and ordered a 5850 anyway (lol, then again he told me that he didn't want to spend over $150 for a new card, so I never even recommended the 5850). Anyway, I agree with everyone else. Let Fermi come out and hopefully it will sort of restore balance and get competition going again.

Doubt they will anytime soon. Pony up like the rest of us did.

Back