When is BTX coming out?

MadSkills

Limp Gawd
What Intel and Amd chipsets will first have this form-factor, and when will they be released (as far as we know)?

I'm thinking of buying a new case soon but I'm worried about planning my upgrades to work with the new standards.

BTX will be out this year, as for new case and power, i dont think anything is compatible yet...

Plus, ATX won't just immediately drop out of sight, nothing ever does. Took awhile the last time the formfactors did a big change (AT->ATX), so I wouldn't sweat changing over just yet.

Originally posted by Master [H]
Plus, ATX won't just immediately drop out of sight, nothing ever does. Took awhile the last time the formfactors did a big change (AT->ATX), so I wouldn't sweat changing over just yet.
And at least ATX offers a significant number of improvements and new features over AT, while BTX is more or less 'yet another form factor'.

In the end the OEMs will control when you will see these out there. SATA drives were "out" a year or more in advance of when they were actually readily available.

I understand that a launch is not exactly set in stone and that ATX won't be dropped right away, what I am asking is, what chipset/mainboards will first have the new formfactor? I'm extremely likely to be upgrading to Grantsdale or Alderwood the first half of this year (as soon as it comes out), so I'm wondering if I should wait before upgrading my case as well to something nice.

Thanks for any info on this and for the input so far.

Back