What's your opinion on this?

I like it, other than the dot pitch at .25mm. .24 is the gold standard for quality and clarity, imho. I wouldn't buy anything with more. Granted, AG lines do not bother me, or most people. My ultimate 19" CRT would be the NEC 912/Mistubishi 930. They have it in Black, and it's cheaper than that Philips. Just a thought, I know you say you don't want the AG lines.

--that Philips can do 1600x1200@85hz, which is what I would intend to run the monitor at if I were buying it. My P95f+ (Viewsonic) has .25-.27mm, and it's blurry as hell at 1600x1200, I have to run at 1280x1024 to be able to read the text.

Originally posted by IdiotInCharge

--that Philips can do 1600x1200@85hz, which is what I would intend to run the monitor at if I were buying it. My P95f+ (Viewsonic) has .25-.27mm, and it's blurry as hell at 1600x1200, I have to run at 1280x1024 to be able to read the text.

Aye. This is one of the main reasons why I'm looking into getting a new monitor. I have a P90f now and it's too blurry for me. In addition, it's very imperfect; I have lines running across the screen (faint ones at that) etc. I just don't like it anymore. Plus it's noisy.

Well, Viewsonic's make noise. I have 3, they all do.NEC's don't make near as much noise (the one's I've been around at least). The faint lines are faint- and are the only real imperfection of Diamondtron and Trinitron tubes- you're not the only person annoyed by them- but you can ignore them if you wish, it's really just psychological. Bluriness would be fixed by the Mitsu 930 I mentioned, and I think more so than the Philips you linked up, based on the difference in dot pitch.

--Has anyone used this Philips before? Can anyone comment on it's shrpness, relative to say an LCD or the Mitsu 930?

Back