• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Whats wrong with my temps?

z3r0-

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 1, 2003
Messages
1,822
I just got my gaming rig set up in a kingwin kt-424 case (awesome) and my CPU temps are 38C idle and around 43C load with a 22C case temp. I'm using an SLK-800 with a average speed quiet case fan on it. I used a bit to much of generic white paste from compUSA that I got the day before xmas in a hurryied attempt to have a computer (nf7s died on chiller and I had no AS5 left :p ). Could the greese really be causeing that 16C temp difference? I've heard that fan speed doesent really affect temps because of the way the SLKs are designed...
Are my sensors bad? My case temp is still 22C even at night when it seems colder down here.... Is this normal for air and I'm just used to seeing 2C on my chiller on a 10C high sensor :p

CPU is an 1800+ DUT3C at stock on an 8RDA. I'm gona start OCing tommorow so I'll probley remount it with creamique...
Thanks
 
I know that :| I'm just saying 16C over ambient IDLE at STOCK with a high end heatsink seems a bit high...
 
I'd assume yes because when I switched to my now dead nf7s my temps were the same. I had the latest version of the nf7 bios which made the sensor more accurate also. Temps went up 10C when I flashed that to D10...
 
Back
Top