• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What's wrong with ForceWare 61.77???

12au7

n00b
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
7
This may be a noobie question, but why is it that nVidia still offers 61.77 as the offiicial driver version on their web site yet there are so many reviews using 66.xx versions?

Is 61.77 the "official" version or am I missing something? From what I can tell 61.77 is not WHQL signed but it is the only version that you can download from nVidia. The 66.xx releases _are_ WHQL certified but you can't get them from nVidia.

What's going on here? :confused:
 
The 61.77 set causes GTA:Vice City to crash after loading on my system. I'm currently using 65.76, which works great.
 
I've used every set of beta drivers out there and everytmie I always find my way back to the 61.77's.

Especially after the while line thing in CS:S.
 
Borealis said:
I've used every set of beta drivers out there and everytmie I always find my way back to the 61.77's.

Especially after the while line thing in CS:S.

Hence the reason they're still official. ;)
 
NVIDIA currently has a Beta driver available: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_66.81.html

In driver version 65.76 and up there are some big performance improvements in games on the GeForce 6 series compared to 61.77, as well as a new filtering optimization. Also in this driver and above SM 3.0 caps are exposed in DX9.0c.

To test cards like the GeForce 6600 series for example you have to use this driver or newer since it supports the device ID.
 
Back
Top