What's the most expensive internet per month?

AMD RULES

Gawd
What's the most expensive internet per month?
I've heard somewhere around $50,000?! :confused:
more? less?

how fast...?
i've heard of download speeds around 399gb/s and uploads of 150gb/s..is this possible?

OC-48 can be pretty expensive. Those humongous corporate buildings and universities using OC-3 lines and higher. They can be in the hundreds of thousands of dollers. Usually upwards of a gigabit per second. I think 400 gb/s might be pushing it but they're definately fast. Most universities have a line like that and split it up among the entire campus acting as their own ISP.

i work in a relatively small DR facility for a national bank and our office has a fractional oc3 that runs about $2500/m iirc

keep in mind this is only ~20 permanent workstations along with the noc equipment

last time i checked on dslreports at the office i got something like 38+m down

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OC3

The thing with buying big bandwidth like that isn't that you are buying one, you are going to buy a bunch of them. At that level any internet outage is probably going to be costing you bundles, so its safer to multihome and buy at least 2 connections. The university I go to it seems has at least 6 links to the outside world (plus Internet2).

Biggest I think any private person would buy would be a T1/fractional T3... unless of course you are crazy and run some basement datacenter.

Going to/beyond OC48 is really a "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" type thing.

Back