Whats the coolest Heavy Iron/Network/Cluster picture that you have ever seen?

dougpanting

Limp Gawd
I am working on a brochure for a class on managing eletronic records and thought the Hard Gods might have some good suggestions. Please post links, it could help me out alot...Thanks

I did the google search and this was the best one so far:

C2000_516.jpg

The coolest Ive ever seen myself is a records cluster the Kaiser HMO has in Norco California. They have these HUGE boxes like 10 times the size of a fridge that have tapes in them with records and arms that run back and forth that grab tapes and insert them back and forth. They said it can find any tape out the 5000 each one holds and instert it into the reader in 1/5 of a second. :eek: They also had some mainframes that were linked to their research facilities that were like the size of fridges that had 4 inch pipes running around them in a spiral. they were freon cooled :eek:

Originally posted by corrosive23
The coolest Ive ever seen myself is a records cluster the Kaiser HMO has in Norco California. They have these HUGE boxes like 10 times the size of a fridge that have tapes in them with records and arms that run back and forth that grab tapes and insert them back and forth. They said it can find any tape out the 5000 each one holds and instert it into the reader in 1/5 of a second. :eek: They also had some mainframes that were linked to their research facilities that were like the size of fridges that had 4 inch pipes running around them in a spiral. they were freon cooled :eek:

Got any pics?

wasnt allowed to. the entire facility is full of armed guards and security card only doors and shit like that. Medical records are shit you don't let just anyone around.

i like the NVidia datacenter.... probably the only thing i do like about nvidia hehe

Originally posted by dougpanting
I did the google search and this was the best one so far:

http://facilities.grc.nasa.gov/accl/C2000_516.jpg

That's just cool looking...

Originally posted by FLECOM
i like the NVidia datacenter.... probably the only thing i do like about nvidia hehe
yah i remember there were links to a video of their datacenter on here, it was a cool video , showed some of thier huge sun boxes, as well as the racks upon rackos of 1U dual processor boxes in clusters. what an admin job!!

Back