What's the best Multi CPU Motherboard?

The general consensus around here seems to be the Tyan NForce4 SLI dual Opteron board. K8WE I think. Of course, that's assuming you game. For raw CPU, it'd be some sort of monster Opteron board supporting more than 4 CPUs. Exactly what I don't know. I just know it'd cost an arm and three legs.

it depends, what kind of processors are you looking at and what will you be doing with the system (gaming, video editing,etc.)

zandor said:
The general consensus around here seems to be the Tyan NForce4 SLI dual Opteron board. K8WE I think. Of course, that's assuming you game. For raw CPU, it'd be some sort of monster Opteron board supporting more than 4 CPUs. Exactly what I don't know. I just know it'd cost an arm and three legs.

tyan is good at making multi processor boards, but if you like to tweak and overclock tyan is not good for that,

i have a dual PIII board from tyan, rock solid, but it has slim bios options and no way to adjust cpu frequency

sorry, I want to use the system for gaming, and can i overclock or no?>

you can overclock with a dual proc board, i have done it on my dual celeron 500MHz @ 600MHz

overclocking depends on the board you get, tyan boards are more about stability than overclocking, iwill, msi, and supermicro may be better for overclocking, but i have never owned a dual proc. from those last three companies

Yeah; just because it is a dual CPU board doesn't mean it can't overclock; I have a PCH-DL running a 1.6ghz chip at 3.28ghz at the moment :D
But the real question is, if you are a gamer, then is a dual CPUs really right for you?

I would stick with a single CPU as a gamer, perhaps dual core. For the price of an opteron setup, you can get an FX or X2 as well.

PCJ said:
I would stick with a single CPU as a gamer, perhaps dual core. For the price of an opteron setup, you can get an FX or X2 as well.
is teh dual teh core better than a dual CPU system?

what are the diff3r3nces? please elaborate?

teh th4nk$ to teh j00

Back