what's a good small size LCD panel w/ HDMI input connects to an universal blu-ray player?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I need this to connect to the Oppo blu-ray player, so I select visually see a list of songs from a USB stick and play them, so I don't need a big screen, and space is limited, as the blu-ray player connects to a DAC etc. So just a tiny display to see a song list is all I care about. But it has to have a HDMI port. And since the screen size is small, would they have it in OLED?

Last edited:
not sure why youd need touch for a dvd player but you can get an 8" touch unit on amazon for ~$80

I can forget the touch screen, but OLED should be available. I also don't want those thick screen, they look like security monitor. The slim one looks better

those ones looks cheap.
not that small, not an actual pre-made monitor anyways. just an 8" panel is also $500+...
this is the smallest premade oled monitor i can find
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Monitor-Computer-Editing-Friendly/dp/B09L16P68X
screen is good. Stand is not good. I think I need the one just like the Lenovo. This one w/ a angle stand, won't fit. As just behind the screen, is 2 x Power amp. mono block. So there is no space for an angle stand. Remember this is going to a stereo sys.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
all the Respberrry are thick screen and they look cheap
Another idea that just popped into my mind, is field monitors for videographers. They come in like 5"-10" sizes usually and there are more "upmarket" models that are more sleek, but they can be $$$

Here's another idea, ditch the oppo and create a music server out of an old laptop, touchscreen or not your choice. I use volumio. Good app for my phone or at the laptop. Only time I use physical is for my SACDs

OLED might be a tall order, but an LCD intended for Raspberry Pi should fit the bill. There's plenty of those in 7" and 8" sizes with HDMI input
This was my thought as well. I have one, it's 7", touch screen, 1080p and has HDMI.

These are pictures I found. The screen is somewhere in my computer room, but I don't have the time to find it. Pretty thin and if it isn't thin enough you could take it out of the case.

Attachments

• IMG_20211129_154726.jpg
    IMG_20211129_154726.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211129_154519.jpg
    IMG_20211129_154519.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211129_154456.jpg
    IMG_20211129_154456.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 0
what do you think of the standard output from a Oppo player, you think it is the std. 1080 and can connect to your screen just fine?

what do you think of the standard output from a Oppo player, you think it is the std. 1080 and can connect to your screen just fine?
No idea. But it's a standardized HDMI 1080p screen, so I don't see why there would be an issue if your device supports that.

These are pictures I found. The screen is somewhere in my computer room, but I don't have the time to find it. Pretty thin and if it isn't thin enough you could take it out of the case.
Your hand looks soft, what sort of moisturizer are you using?

https://www.uperfectmonitor.com/collections/portable-monitors/products/12-5-small-portable-monitor

https://www.asus.com/displays-desktops/monitors/zenscreen/asus-zenscreen-oled-mq13ah/

so I have decide to buy a smaller screen. The latest research comes up w/ the above 2.

My criteria is just a HD screen w/ HDMI or micro HDMI port, the thickness has to be SLIM, size has to be small, these 12.5" to 13.3" fit the space I need. Is there anyone else who have a better suggestion? Some legitimate brand name? I check out Viewsonic, but they only have 15.6" or larger

the only thing I am surprise is that the 13.3" Asus Zenscreen is more $ than their 15.6"

Last edited:
update:

went to a local store that has Asus Zen screen OLED on it. OLED is brighter. I view the screen on the left, center, and right and a few ft. from the bottom, the screen view is exactly the same regardless of angle

Compare a typical IPS screen, when I view it on the left , right and few ft. from the bottom, the screen view is not clear, the brightness fakes out, so I have to face it at the center to view the screen properly.

So a Zen screen 13.3" is about $400 or so, and it dips out if I'm not using it

the electricity of my current 20" screen is 55W, w/ the no. of hr. I use it, it's about $1 / mth.

these 13.3" is about 5W, so the electricity is only 10 cent/ mth., so if the Zenscreen black out, it's an inconvenience.

A regular 13.3" screen is $90 or so, and Uperfect c/w 2 yr. warranty vs. the other brands that c/w 1 yr. warranty. So in the end, I'll pick a Uperfect 13.3" screen for that much lower price, and the convenience that it won't turn off (black out)

I also test drive a 15.6" MSI portable screen, for some strange reason, it changes the background color from black to purple of my Oppo player screen. Has anyone seen that? The connection is from the back of my Oppo player to the mini HDMI port of the MSI portable monitor.

Attachments

• IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    464.9 KB · Views: 0
Back